Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Distressing and Embossing

Hi All
 
Louise, here to show you my page that I created with the prompt from this months glorious Mad about Scrappin, facebook challenge.
 
 
Use your favourite colour combo... firstly I have to admit every colour is my favourite, so I went with Brown/ Peach and Aqua as my colours as this matched the photo I was using. I ended up using a paper pack I had brought from Mad about Scrappin's online store Teresa Collins 'Tell your Story'. This paper pack is just gorgeous full of yummy peach tones and aqua, blended with white.  You will notice not alot of white on my page but I will get to that in a moment.
 
The next requirement for the challenge was to use 2 techniques on the page, I used Embossing and Sanding, Misting and lastly distressing of the papers. I grabbed my woodgrain embossing folder(my favourite) and some of you may gasp but I cut it in half.
 
 
 This allowed me to emboss a strip of Kraft-core core'dinations twice along it's length I used two pieces 12in by 3 1/2in. I then sanded the raised embossed edge to show up the Kraft core and lightly inked with Tea Dye Distress Ink. 
 
My next Technique was misting, I used glimmer mists to change the white on the aqua/white chevron to aqua and cream. I utilised this on all of the papers I have used on this page, I wanted more of an aged look to go with the photo I had chosen. This is a photo of my youngest daughter using Instragram filters which I love, they make the photo look from the eighties.  To distress the papers every edge was also inked with 3 inks firstly Antique Linen then Tea Dye and finally Pumice Stone all from the Distress Ink range.  To create the shadows and depth on your page, play with the paper before you stick it down, I like to curl or flick the edges to make it 'less stiff' very technical I know.  You will be amazed at how much of a difference this makes.
 
 
Love this MDF camera from WOW chipboard which Mad about Scrapping sold at Flog it Friday in January. Using them on all my pages at the moment as well as the yummy sequins, of course I had to have every colour ;)
 
 
 
My embellishment cluster was made up of lots of little resin and crochet pieces I collect in the Flog it Friday sales, they are fantastic for picking up pieces for clusters that do not cost the earth. Again my title is made up of a tiny word chipboard that was sold at the last Flog it Friday.
 
Here is my completed page all together
 
ADORE YOU
 
 
Hope you like this page as a little inspiration from the Monthly Challenge Creative Team.
 
 
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: