Monday, September 30, 2013

Candy Box Goodness



This week I’m making another box but this is a miniature ‘Candy Station’for a swap I’m involved in. The criteria for the swap was to alter/make a small box no bigger than 6”x 6”x 2” and fill it up with some goodies for your partner. If you’re a crafter and have seen all the lovely Candy Stations on blogs and YouTube you will know what a fun thing this can be. We were to send little goodies such as beads, lace, flowers, ribbons or even candy for our partner :)

Using the lovely colourful ‘Secret Admirer’ collection of papers by Kaisercraft I set about putting my box of fun together. Firstly I covered the lid of the box with ‘Mystical’, re-arranging the flowers a little to make the pattern fit and I covered the base with ‘Humble’, stopping just before the point where the lid would fit and then gluing some lovely lace around the edge together with some pearl beaded trim.


On the lid I used a quote from the 'Marigold' paper line (also by Kaisercraft) which I cut out, inked the edges and propped up using dimensional tape.


The lid was then decorated using many gorgeous Mad About Scrappin flowers, seam binding, an acrylic flower, resin piece with lovely floral insert, a vial of sequins and a few pearls and crystals together with an aqua coloured doiley. A small smear of stickles glitter glue randomly brushed over some of the flowers finished it off perfectly.


The little boxes inside were made and covered in the ‘Sweetheart’ paper and tied with a bow of seambinding. Tiny little flowers were placed over the ends of the seam binding to hide the raw edges and add prettiness!




Now all I have to do is fill all the little boxes up and send it off to my partner :) I hope you like this little idea which is a wonderful way to give a gift to a crafty friend or even for a Christmas present.

Thank you for stopping by today

Jeanette :)
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

This looks so beautiful!! A very special gift for someone...