Monday, September 2, 2013

Marie Antoinette Altered Tart Tins

This week's project is a little different, it's a style I haven't tried before and I must admit it was a lot of fun to make. 


Using a vintage tart tin I painted it the colour of choice, I used pink and blue for my projects and then decorated them in similar colours. Firstly I chose which image I wanted to use and cut it to the size of the inside center of the tin. I then lined the sides with a lace trim and added pearl beaded trim also. A generous colleciton of dainty flowers was arranged on the lower sides and a spinkling of beads added to finish the look. On the upper part a flower or two were placed for added decoration.



The top edge of the tin was then further enhanced with a little German glass glitter. A very generous seam binding bow and a hanger made from the pearl beaded trim were attached to the top..

To complete the tins, a dangle was placed at the bottom made up of glass beads and an acrylic chandelier style bead.

If Marie Antoinette is not your thing, try altering a lovely little tart tin in a Christmas theme to put on the tree :)

Thank you for stopping by today

Jeanette


Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: