Friday, August 1, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 31


Hello again.

With the weather here being terribly cold  and the kids being back at school, I have had a chance to be able to get some scrapbooking done.

I am ALMOST at the end of this Simple Stories Under the Stars kit.

I found this week that I was drawn to the bolder colours in this kit and wanted to make them the focus of this weeks layout I have to share with you.
I find that I still struggle at times to create a more masculine layout. I also find that I struggle sometimes to create a simple layout with few embellishments and tizziness. So with that in mind I sometimes challenge myself to keep it simple.. that less is more. 
I love washi tape too so this layout was perfect to be able to play around with some to create a border for this page. 

No I have played around with a few punches on this layout. It has been a while since I have used them and wanted to add a little bit of extra to the plain lines of this page. I have added a bit of ink splats to this page too teamed up with some of the stars from the matching stickers and some Studio Calico wood grain enamel dots.

I was lucky enough too to be sent some WOW die cut cards to play with as well. Now I must admit that some of what was die cut on the cards I found a little difficult to work with.. However ever up for a challenge I decided that I was going to get them on this page if it killed me. So I added some matching washi to them and them tucked them behind the photos where I was happy with them. As you can see above I have used the diecut heart one as part of my title as I felt it worked well for this page. I have mixed it up again for the title on this page with some alpha stickers and a word sticker from this kit. I them finished off the layout with some of the matching stickers in this kit.

Super easy and quick too.

Have you set yourself a challenge lately when creating ??

Till next week. 

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: