Monday, March 2, 2015

"Love You" Layout

Hello readers, welcome back.  Today I have a layout to share with you using a kit from Mad About Scrappin.  I recently received 3 kits from Leanne and gave her free reign of what she included.....and WOW guys she sent me some really awesome stuff to play with.....I couldn't wait to bust them open and play with everything.
All of the kits are comprised of papers from My Minds Eye - Jubilee and a great selection of embellishments.   So I decided that I would dive into this kit first!  
 The bright colours were out of my comfort zone, but sooooo inviting!! I just love how fresh and cheerful these papers felt.... This is what I came up with.
I have used the black card stock as my layout base, which I then topped with the vibrant Wild Berry "Today" inked paper.  I also cut into the Wild Berry "Life" diamonds paper to mat my photo and create the angled borders at the top and bottom.   I have distressed all the edges with a pair of scissors...I just love this look and I would have to say it is my favourite go to technique.  The bright pink card stock from my stash and it co-ordinates perfectly. 
 I have added a strip of the washi tape just under my photo mat and created my other go to favourite embellishing technique of the corner flower cluster.
 From the pink wire that was included in the embellie bag I create a rather primitive looking heart...I just worked this up freehand, which explains its wonky, uneven look, but I was happy with the outcome and tucked it in behind the rolled rose.  I added a small Polaroid frame to the "love" journalling tag and finished it off the corner with the "So Happy" button.
I think I have covered everything.  This was such a great layout and the papers have a vibrant happy feel to them.  Thanks for stopping by and as always please stop by the links below to see what my fellow creative team has to share.  Also be sure to check out what kits are available this month in the store....



✿ღ.~♥  Much Love ♥~ღ.✿
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: