Friday, September 4, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 36 2015


Good morning all....

I am excited this week with the start of a new month to be able to share with you a new paper range that was sent to me to play with for this month.

How nice is the Carte Bella - Moments and Memories paper range

Now... with everything here being super crazy and with having Miss K in hospital this week too,
 I started this week off with getting organised and pre-cut all the work I wanted to share with you all this month. Now.. I didn't get a chance to get the work started due to being in the hospital.

 However I wanted to show you what I managed to pull off today using up the scraps.. yes the scraps of what was left from all the pre-cut work for this month, 
As you can see I really didn't have much left from this months kit... however I knew that I would be able to scrape something together with a few odds and ends from my stash.

So I managed to squeeze of a couple of cards for Fathers Day.
Now.. I always struggle creating masculine cards. Its not the base of the card I struggle with.. it's the whole not know how to embellish the card. So creating these card firstly from scraps was a challenge and then having to make them masculine for me was a challenge too.

So here's the first card I created...
Now both the cards were created on recycled card as a base. I then added some black card stock and a book page as the starting point for this base of this card. Then it was just a case of playing around with the scraps of Carte Bella - Moments and Memories paper till I was happy with the layout. I stuck with the black and red colours from this paper range to keep a more masculine feel. Then I added in some old rub on alphas to add a bit of dimension. I then embellished the card using some garden twine to create a bow and then added in a "fun" definition flair. 

For the last card I have used the bulk of the scraps to create the base which I then matted on some black card stock before adhering it to the card base. I have also used some washi tape on the red patterned paper to change up the look and tone down the brightness. to embellish this card I have used one of my super cute mini black paper doilies from Mad About Scrappin and then wrapped with some bakers twine. One of the papers from the range had a quote about family. However I have used part of the quote to create the greeting for this card. Then added some black dew drops scattered to finish it all off. 

I quite enjoyed creating both cards and have to admit I still have a few scraps left to make another card... nothing wrong with being frugal.

Well better get stuck into this months work...

I cannot wait to share.

Till then.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: