Saturday, March 5, 2016

Creative Inspiration - Framing it with Scraps


Hello all.
I hope that your weekend has been off to a good start. I have been busy here working on the front and back yard before the heat comes in next week. 

I am back now though to share with you all the a layout I have created using the last of the Yippee paper range by Chickaniddy I was sent to play with. 

I have played around with my Brother Scan n Cut again to use up the scraps from this kit. I found this cute frame bakcground that I just had to play with and thought it would be a great way to use up all the smaller pieces of paper that are often harder to work with for a layout base.
I have created this layout on a kraft coloured base which I have randomly stamped with a graph stamp and my hand as the stamp block. Then it was just a case of mixing up the scraps of the patterned paper till I was happy with how they sat behind each frame before I adhered them all. 

To tie the photo to the layout I have used a frame from my stash and coloured it to match the frame background. I then adhered it directly onto the photo to frame the part of the photo I wanted to be my focal point. I have added in some kraft journal spots from Mad About Scrappin to add a bit of interest around the frame base. 

I then finished off the layout by added the journal date tab to my photo and then scattered some brads for a little dimension. Super fun layout in the end with a bit of a bright summery feel. I am a bit sad that this paper range is all finished but looking forward to sharing with you another fun kit.

Speaking of kits... better get back to creating.

Till next time.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: