Saturday, March 19, 2016

Creative Inspiration - Using Embossed Backgrounds


Hello all. 
Back this week with a rather fun to create layout using the Chickaniddy Crafts - 365 paper range. 

So here's this week's share....
Now I have to admit to having had this piece of embossed card stock in my stash for AGES!!! I think I got it with a mixed pack of card stock I got from someone that destashing but honestly can't remember. To be honest too I never have been a huge fan of embossed card stock. I like to be able to create my own textured base and find that the whole piece textured can sometimes just be too much.  

Anyways.... it was time to tackle that UFO card stock which was originally black. It wasn't going to work for this layout as I wanted a softer base so I decided to roughly paint it with some gesso and then lightly sand it to highlight some of the pattern. I have then decide to focus on the pink and yellow from the paper range and have cut my paper into 3' x 1/2' strips and adhered them as shown. then added a photo, which I have lightly sanded the edges of, of my two younger daughters as shown. 

To finish the layout off with a couple of die cut wooden flourishes for a softer feel and then clustered up a mix of paper flowers. I then added a title using some aqua acrylic alphas from my stash. I quite like the look of the background for this and have FINALLY managed to use that horrid piece of embossed card stock from my stash.

Well.. will leave you all to have a super weekend.

Till next time.

TFL, Michelle x 

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: