Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mixing it up with Bo Bunny

Hello everyone.

Seems like ages since I have been able to share with you things I have created with goodies from Mad About Scrapping.

I love love love all the products that Leanne has for sale in the store.

Being chosen to play along on the design team has been a blessing too as everyone is so much fun to work with.

Now.. part of my design team fun was to pick some goodies to play with. Now.. I must say.. when I first went and picked the Bo Bunny Serenade paper range to play with I didn't actually have these layouts in mind or even the photos I ended up using. (I was actually going to create some masculine layouts)

However while my goodies arrived I was in love. The paper range is SOOOOOOO much nicer in real life than what I thought. Plus must say that I haven't created three layouts as quickly as I did with this paper range. I just had to play and so wanted to just keep creating with this paper range.

Now for this first layout I did you must be wondering what the multi patterned paper is.. well it isn't one piece of paper that is for sure..lol. As some of you may know I like to think outside the box and challenge myself. So with that in mind I set to work creating the multi patterned paper area on a scrap of card stock. I then cut multiple strips of the mixed patterned papers to 3" x 3/4" in size and adhered them randomly using both sides of the patterned paper in a chevron style pattern. I am most impressed with this idea myself and have repeated this process a few times myself. I have also done it to use up scraps I have had laying around. Quite effective really.
So here's what I have created...
Layout 1

 


Layout 2

Now with this layout I really wanted to break up the bold papers just a little. I didn't want large blocks of paper and I wanted to be use as many of the patterns papers as possible. So with that in mind I was able to do this by using 4 different sized circle punches. Must say how ever that I didn't create this heart shape free hand. I started by cutting a heart out of scrap card stock and tracing it onto the card stock base where I wanted to heart to be. Then I placed the hearts randomly in the heart shape till I was happy with the mix of patterns and shape. THEN I adhered them down. This gave me a cance to mix the patterns up a bit till I was happy with them. Quite a simple background but so easy to do.

Layout 3


So for the last layout I created .. Yes as you may be able to see I am a little crazy. I had this smart idea to hand stitch all the pieces of patterned paper to the card stock base. I adhered the centre of each of the shapes to the base where I wanted them and then stitched using embroidery floss. It was a little time consuming.. 4 hours of just stitching but found it quite fun.. despite the fact I was stitching through 3 layers of paper and card stock. I am grateful that I pierced all the holes first as it made the stitching a lot either.

Lastly...

And just for a little something to use up a few of the scraps I played around and created a quick card.
Super quick and easy but love the boldness of the colours.

Why not head over to the store yourself and check out all the yummy papers yourself.

TFL. Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: