Friday, June 20, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 25


Hello all. 

Back this week with a layout I have created using this photo freedom kit by Echo Park.

I must admit that since I have started to play around with these Photo Freedom kits on behalf of Mad About Scrappin I have fallen in love. I really enjoy the flexibility of these kits. I love the fact that you have the choice as to how you create with these kits. I do wish that I had discovered them earlier.

So here's this weeks layout I have created.

I decided this week to select one of the colour schemes from the kit to play around with. I them chose the 4'x6' portrait layout photo pages and the 4'x6' journal cards in the colour scheme I had chosen. I wanted to make the journal cards the feature of this layout so printed my photos off as black and white and then mounted them onto some graph journal cards in my stash. I have added a little washi tape and some word stickers to finish them off. 

Now I liked the colours of the journal cards however I really wanted to tie the different patterned journal cards together to give them a uniformed look. To do this I played around with Photo shop Elements and some photo brushes on a blank 4'x6' template I have. I then printed the journal cards with matching brushes in black. By printing on this colour I have found that the black really pops. 

To add a little bit of embellishment I have glimmer misted some die cut frames from Mad about Scrappin to give them a worn metal look. Little hard to see it them have a little shimmer to them too. I then layered them on the journal card with a paper doily and some butterfly die cuts I have had laying around in my stash for ages. I loved adding the final touch of random pearlized sequins in various sizes. 

For my title card I have used some Studio Calico alpha stickers as the main title and then some smaller Kaiser craft alphas to finish off the quote. I felt the quote finished off the layout nicely. 

I love the feel and look of the end layout. It has a little bit of dimensions without being too dimensional.

Most of all I loved printing the journal cards to suit my need. I can see myself doing that again. I feel that it has helped make the journal cards more usable to my needs. Plus it created a completely different feel to the layout by using more feminine brushes.

Have you alter something to suit your needs?

Why not give it a try.

Till next week.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: