Friday, June 21, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 2



Welcome to our second week sharing with you another layout that might help inspire you to get creative with the goodies in this Mad About Scrappin kit.
 
 
 
But before we start I would like to say thank you to everyone for their positive comments about this new idea we have started at Mad About Scrappin. We all love sharing our work with you and it is so nice to hear what you think.
 
So.. After making a major mess with all the misting in our layout last week I decided to play around with using one of the yummy pieces of patterned paper as my background. I don't do this often as I do struggle with how to work with large patterns in the background and their positioning in regards to my embellishments... especially when the paper is as bold as this one.
 
Well I decided to work WITH the bold background paper and layered the card stock on top of it. I border punched the card stock, randomly embossed it and then lightly sanded to reveal the core colour. This helped to add a bit of texture to my page along with toning down the bold card stock a little too. 
 
I was also luck as I had a photo that colour matched the papers just perfectly. However I didn't want to photo to get lost in all the bright patterns.  By then placing my photo onto a contrast piece of lighter paper it tied in the base patterned paper and also helped the photo to stand out too. 
 


I decided to keep the pennant flags and the butterfly the raw chipboard colour as I felt the layout didn't need any extra colour. I was lucky to have a tag in my stash in chipboard too which finished off my embellishments perfectly. By using these in their raw state it brings to boldness of the layout down a few notches.
So there you have it. Another simple layout created by mixing it up a little to tone down the boldness of the paper.
 
Thanks again for stopping by and looking forward to sharing with with you another
Layout of the Week again next week.
 
TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: