Friday, June 28, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 3



Hello again all.
 
Thanks again for joining me for another Mad About Scrapping Layout of the Week.
 
Sharing with you this week a VERY quick and simple layout using scraps of goodies from this yummy kit.

 
Before I start I would like to let you in on a little hint on using patterned paper as your base layer. Especially if you intend to mist on it or add ink blotches which can wrinkle your paper. Paper grades are all different. Some papers I have are a lot thinner and just wont hold up to being the base of a layout very well. To solve this issues I ALWAYS adhere a piece of card stock (those colours that you get that you NEVER know what to do with!) to the back of the base piece of patterned paper. It strengthens the base and prevents the base from warping too much when adding a wet medium to it.
 
Okay. So this weeks layout I did use patterned paper as my base. I also used a piece of "yucky" card stock to strengthen the base as I have added ink blotches.
Simple stripes of scrap paper and card stock worked a treat to add a bit of colour and texture. But mainly I have let the pattern of the base piece of patterned paper shine through.
 
Using up your scraps of patterned paper to create your own colour coordinated embellishments is super easy with a little help of a stamp and some punches. 
 
Don't forget too if your alphas aren't the right colour a permanent marker works a treat then add some dimensional magic to them to add some gloss. 
 
 Why not play around with some of the tips yourself.
 
Thanks again for stopping by.
 
See you next week.
 
TFL, Michelle x
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: