Friday, July 5, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 4


Back again to share with you the last of the layouts I created using this fun filled kit from 

Okay.. so remember how frugal I have been telling you I am .. well when it comes to patterned paper I am extremely frugal. One of the main reasons I don't use patterned paper for my background is because I just can't justify the expense. 

However because I am super lucky to be able to have so many goodies to play with from 
Mad About Scrappin, I can break out of that box a little. 

With this layout I wanted to be able to use the heavily patterned paper as my background, but I wanted to break it up because it was just a little too busy for what I wanted to do with it. So being frugal I cut away the centre of the paper that i knew I would be hiding behind the orange print paper I was using to tone it down a little. Then to bring the background colours back again I have used two of the journal cards to provide a mat  for my photo. 

Yes... as you can see I went a little crazy when it came to adding some bling to my layout. Remember that just because the sequins are already on string doesn't mean they have to stay that way. I decided that I wanted to add a frame to the orange paper so with a little help from the sequins in the pack and some seed beads in my stash I hand stitched my own border. 
  Such a simple way to create a layout with a real summery feel.

Why not step out of your comfort zone and play with some colours you wouldn't normally use. 

Till next week  when I will be showcasing a whole new kit.

Michelle x
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: