Friday, July 26, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 7

 
Hello all and welcome to another week of sharing some ideas with you of ways to use some of the amazing products here at Mad About Scrappin.
 
This week I kept things fairly simple with the layout I created. I wanted the photo to be the main feature of this layout so chose the use the more muted patterned papers. But I also wanted the boldness of the red components to shine through too.
 
So here's what I managed to come up with.
 
 For my embellishments I really wanted to work with the patterned paper itself. So I decided to drag out some of my old Kaiser flower stamps and stamp some flowers using a dove grey staz on ink. This made it not quite as bold as stamping with black so they blended better with the greys in the patterned paper. By adhering them with various heights of 3D foam tape I was able to create dimension in my layout. I then finished off the centres with a bit of bling using self adhesive bling.
 
I also love being able to hand stitch on some of my layouts just to add that little bit extra. This time around I have used a pale grey blue floss to blend in with the grey blue of the base flourish printed paper. Just added that little bit extra without taking over the page and being too bold in colour.
 
Super simple and quick layout this week for when we are all feeling in need of a quick scrap fix.
 
Looking forward to sharing again with you next week what I have been up to with goodies from
 
Till then.
 
TFL, M x
 
 


Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: