Friday, July 19, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 6


Welcome again to another week of sharing. 

This week I have had a chance to make a major mess using some glimmer mists and template from 

I have also had a chance to play around with a few scraps of this yummy paper again to create this latest layout.

I don't know why but I just cant seem to leave a piece of white card stock white all the time. I must admit too I rarely scrap on white for fear of getting it dirty or smeared before I have finished the layout.

Now.. for this layout I just couldn't leave the card stock white. It was firstly too stark for the paper scraps I was using and secondly it just didn't work with the personality of little Miss in the photo..lol.. what I hear you say... well I just couldn't scrap this photo of my little Miss scruffy as it just doesn't match her personality.. she is messy, a comedian and better known as Miss Trouble....lol. 

I find sometimes when I scrap that I want to let the view have a little insight into the subjects personality or nature in the way I scrap the photo. So with that in mind I felt I needed to "mess up" the card stock base with a little help from a template from Mad about Scrappin and some light misting of matching glimmer mists I had on hand. I also flicked some of the glimmer mist directly into the card stock. 

To add a little bit more depth to the base I then lightly ink and stamped using my hand as the stamping block using a invoice stamp with Staz on ink. This means that you don't get the whole stamp image stamped and created an uneven image. I even used this technique on two pieces of scrap white card stock that I was using the embellish the page.
Now.. I wasn't real sure about using hessian and how I could work with it. I loved being able to fray it a little to expose some of the thread gave me the look I was hoping for. Then I found using double sided tape directly onto the card stock base where I wanted it held it well. By mixing up my paper scraps to the size and colour combinations I was happy with I created dimension by adhering some using layers of 3D foam tape. Then to finish the layout off ad make it look just a little feminine I sprinkled on some matching sequins and buttons.

I must admit I had quite a lot of fun playing around and making a bit of a mess. 

Have you played with anything outside your comfort zone lately ?

Why not give it a try and check out the Mad About Scrappin store for lots of fun goodies to play around with today.

Happy Scrapping.

Michelle x
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: