Monday, June 3, 2013

Tiny Shabby Altered Box

My son bought me a few little boxes from the thrift store for Mother's Day so I decided I would alter one, using a variety of gorgeous flowers from the Mad About Scrappin Store, I couldn't really go wrong.


I first Gesso'd the little box and then coated it with one coat of white acrylic paint. On the base I placed four half back pearls for the feet and then covered the lower section with a wide lace adding some pearl trim around the top edge. The lid was decorated using a small lace trim around the edge along with more pearl trim and then a wedding applique was put on top. 

A beautiful selection of Mad About Scrappin flowers were then arranged on the lid in a way so that a tiny little frame could be propped up. I used some green acrylic wheat spray that was purchased from the Flog it Friday event on Mad About Scrappin's Facebook page to break up the pinks and then I slightly glittered some of the flowers, added a few pearl beads and tucked a lovely piece of lace behind the picture.  Finishing it off was a Stick Pin and piece of gorgeous seam binding to be used as a closure.


Inside the box I placed three more gorgeous flowers and a wider lace from Mad About Scrappin and finished with more pearl trim. Once it was finished I filled it with some dainty little vintage laces.
I think this little box turned out beautifully and reminds me a little of a cake!!!

I hope you like this little box :)

Jeanette xx
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fabulous project Jeanette, very inspiring, must visit the thrift shop soon.
Elaine