Monday, April 28, 2014

A Work In Progress


Hey everyone I have a WIP Work - In - Progress to share with you all today.  I have been working on this mini for a few weeks.....quite a few weeks now!!!   Leanne sent me the gorgeous new Graphic 45 -  Botanical Tea and By the Sea paper pads and I have been distracted by them ever since. Anyway,  I thought I had better share some of this with you all before I forget the details and how I made this mini in a draw, or a sleeve, !  So I will now do my best to show you how to make it...I am not that great with giving tutorials or giving directions just ask hubby ;)

 To create the draw, I used one piece of A4 white cardstock.  with the cardstock in the portrait position I scored at ¾" and again 1¾" .  I then rotated my paper to the landscape position and scored at 1"; 5½"; 6½" and then at 11"

I cut away some of the cardstock on the right handside and removed some of the corners to create the little "flaps"
Then, using some wet glue I applied it to the 1 inch flap


and also these little tabs....
I then very carefully folded my sleeve or box into place.  I used my bone folder to press all surfaces together!!



Once I had the outer sleeve all completed, I set to work on the insides.  From another piece of A4 cardstock I cut a 4½" x 10" strip.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to add the fancy edge to one end.
I scored this at 6½" and again at 7½".  This will create a flap that goes over the outside of the box or sleeve.

I also did this to four strips measuring 4⅜" x 12" and again I gave them a fancy edge on the Silhouette Cameo


 I rounded all my corners with my Zutter ½" corner rounder.



So that is my first instalment of my "work in progress".   The papers I have chosen to cover this album with is the lovely Pink Paislee Collection - "Cottage Farms"

 I still have a lot of work to do and will be sharing more of this mini with you all soon.

Well I hope you have enjoyed my  Mad About Scrappin share for this week...
Thanks for stopping by.....

.....till next time 
.....✿ღ.~♥  Live your Bliss ♥~ღ.✿
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: