Monday, April 21, 2014

Altered Paintbrush and Mousetraps

Hey guys I am back again....how was your Easter? I hope you all didn't overindulge too much!!

Today I am back with a couple of really quick projects.  Yes I am still using the Botanical Tea papers from Graphic 45, But I thought with Mothers Day coming up this could make some really unique gift ideas.

First I have for you a couple of Altered Mousetraps that I have turned into Shabby Chic fridge magnets.....

I completely pulled the mousetraps apart and gave them a couple of coats of gesso.


Then I set about covering them with just some leftovers and some scraps from my previous projects and on each of them I have used some of the 2.5cm Curly Roses. As they are so small they were completed really quickly.  Which meant I could move onto altering this paintbrush.


I managed to find some paintbrushes that come with raw wooden handles....the only downside of them is that the largest size I can get is 3inches, but that is not too bad as I have found that I can get a lot onto that small piece of real estate!!



I have used satin flowers, a piece of an old doily, lace, some scraps from the Botanical Tea - "Fauna" which I layered with "Sweet Chamomile"


 I have added an Elise Satin Bloom to a piece from an old cotton doily.
 I fussy cut a butterfly from the papers and added a thin coat of glossy accents for durability.

 The final touches were some snippets of bling from my stash, a seam binding hanger and one of those gorgeous resin birds.


Here is the finished project....something a little different and avery unique gift giving idea... 


Well I hope you have enjoyed my  Mad About Scrappin share for this week...
Thanks for stopping by.....

.....till next time 
.....✿ღ.~♥  Live your Bliss ♥~ღ.✿
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: