Friday, April 18, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 16

Happy Good Friday everyone.

We, as a family love this time of the year. 
The part that we love the most is being able to share it with others.
Every year the kids and I get together to work out what they would like to be able to give as a small gift to their school friends. 
It has been a tradition that I have done with the kids since Jhane was little (she is now 16 years old). It is a value that I have instilled in the children about sharing with others. We don't do it to get something in return. The children at school get quite excited every time it is a special occasion to see what we have created this time.

This year I have been lucky to have a small bit of this Echo Park paper range left over that was just perfect for what we had in mind.

So here's what I came up with this year.

So.. I had to make 100 of these little Easter treats.
With that in mind and trying to keep to a strict low budget to enforce the "its the thought that counts" motto, these ended up only costing me 

Paper bags - $2.00 for 100 
Garden twine - $2.00 for HUGE ball which I have 99% left
Echo Park paper 12'x12' sheet - $1.05
Yellow Card stock 12'x12' - .50c
Star Patterned Tooth Picks - $2.00 for 100
Mentos - bought in bulk bags $6.00 for 2 450gram bags
Ink from own stash
White Card stock for tags - recycled from album inserts 
Printer ink - very little

Total cost = $13.55 average (not including printer ink and recycled white card)

However still worked out to be about 14 cents each. 

The paper bags are only little (2 1/4' x 4') in size to give you an idea of the overall idea of size of these Easter gifts. However they are big enough to hold 3 individually wrapped Mentos lollies. Like I said it is a token, and more about the giving. Plus we tend to focus more on the craft aspect too so the kids aren't over loaded with lollies. 
Now I wanted to keep them simple due to the sheer quantity that I needed to make. I had found the PDF for these cute rabbit tags via a Google search. They were designed by Funky Time for Handmade Charlotte. Lots of good craft ideas on there I have found for the kids too!

I finished off each little parcel with a little star tooth pick I adhered to a scalloped circle I had stamped. I then added a little bit of bling with a pearl dewdrop. 

Was glad they all go done in time for the kids to hand out. Loved the look on their friends faces. Just warms your heart that's for sure.

Happy Easter everyone.

Till next time.

TFL, M x



Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: