Monday, May 11, 2015

Revisiting an old kit

Hey there everyone, thanks for joining me.  This week I thought I would revisit a previous kit from Leanne and upcycle a few leftovers I had stashed away for that rainy day.  I have pulled out and dusted off that gorgeous paper collection Botanical Tea from Graphic 45 and I was actually nicely surprised at just how much I had left.

I had been looking at this paper mache lid for quite sometime, waiting for inspiration to strike. Which it did, on Thursday!!



I was in dire need of a little gift for a friend.  Lucky for me this friend just looooves everything shabby chic.  So I took this plain paper mache lid and created this cute and very shabby chic little wall hanging plaque.


Sorry guys there aren't a lot process pics to share and really not much to tell either.  I first gave the lid a couple of coats of gesso and then proceeded to layer up the inside with papers, a small frame which has this gorgeous vintage lady photo inside.


I then added a layer of lace, flower pearl trim and adorned the bottom half with these lovely flowers and chipboard word.




Once the front was all done, I added some white seam binding for the hanger and a covered the back with the back of the paper pad.  So it is a little thicker and glossy too.  I thought, with it being that little bit stronger it would help keep the seam binding in place more or better :)


 As usual guys here are all the glamour pics....






I hope you have enjoyed  revisiting this paper pad with me this week's project.  As always guys....please check out the links below to see what other happenings have been going on over at Mad About Scrappin.



✿ღ.~♥  Much Love ♥~ღ.✿
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: