Friday, March 14, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 11

 Hello once again.

So rolls on another week of the year.

Yet again I have been busy creating with the last little bits of this Photo Freedom kit 
from Mad About Scrappin.

Here's what I have to share this week to inspire you.

The kit really is at its tail end at the moment. I still have a few odds and ends I will use up for cards and what not however I did manage to scrape together enough to be able to create my last layout from this kit. I have do this with a little help from tow matching pieces of card stock I had in my stash.

 Now its a bit hard to see but the lighter card stock is actually a really pale grey blue. I felt it toned in perfectly with the patterned papers without being too over powering. I wanted this layout to not be quiet as dark as the last few I have created. However I still felt the card stock was a little too pale on its own so I have randomly stamped the card stock using dove grey staz on and inked the edges with two different ink colours to tie it all together. I then used some Mr Huey black mist to add some ink blotches which I blotted with a paper towel so they weren't as dark. I then trimmed and matted in onto a mid toned grey card stock. I feel it has create a subtle looking base for my layout.

  To add a little bit of details I have added some hand stitched circles to the base of the layout. I also liked the idea of using up some old number stickers in my stash. So I have coloured them in using a permanent marker and adhered them in a staggered fashion. It helps to add a little bit of definition to the layout without taking over because they are darker. To finish it off I have added some inked ticket stubs and one of the matching stickers using 3D foam squares. 

To finish the layout off I have added a little washi tape over lapping another sticker from the Photo Freedom kit, another 3'x4' journal card and the matching arrow sticker mounted with 3D foam tape. I have used the word from the journal card as part of my title finishing off the title with a die cut word. Super simple and so much fun to create.

So refreshing to be able to use all the little bits and pieces up from the kit.

Till next week where I share some new products with you.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: