Friday, March 28, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 13

Hello again.

Back this week with a quick share. Been busy playing catch up after visitors we have had here and other family things that I have had little time to scrap much. Have wanted to play around but time hasn't been my friend.

So I managed to get a chance late this week to work on next month's challenge (which I can't wait to share!) AND a card for Miss K's birthday which is just around the corner too. Once again I have been playing with this Echo Park Kit available at Mad About Scrappin.

So here the fun card I created for miss K. 
I do normally scrap cards in 4'x4' size however as this card doesn't need to be posted I tend to go a little bigger. This card I have used a piece of textured matching blue card stock I have cut to end up at 5'x5 in size.
I have played around with some ink with this card too with inking the edges of the paper, card and then lightly stamping some contrast pink paper I have added.

For the greeting itself I have used one of the 3'x4' journal cards in the kit. I have used some 3D foam to mount it to add some dimension and wrapped it with some twine for added effect. By doing this I have turned the cupcake on the journal card into the embellishment for the card. I finish off the card I have added a pennant flag I have made from a scrap of the paper, added some dew drops to the cupcake and added the number to the pennant flag. 

Really is a simple card but with the nice bright colours, I think I like it being simple. 

Have you created some cards lately ?

Why not add to your stash.

Till next week.

Get inspired.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: