Saturday, March 8, 2014

March Sketch Challenge Inspiration with Amy Prior

Hi everyone!! Amy Prior back again today to share some close up details of my Mad About Scrappin March Sketch Challenge Example. Have you seen the challenge? Click here to visit the original Mad About Scrappin Blog post and here is the sketch that the fabulous Crece Thomas has designed for us this month...


Ok so I am usually hopeless at sticking to sketches. I definately feel that a sketch is a jumping off point for your own interpretation and design elements but as this layout came together I completely lost sight of the original sketch so much that it is hardly noticeable LOL. I love how my creative mind goes off on it's own sometimes. Here is my example layout created using the fabulous Kaisercraft Telegraph Road Collection papers & stickers.


I have added some colour to my background Kaisercraft paper using some Lindy's Stamp Gang Mist and a stencil. I honestly cannot remember the last time I just simply sprayed some mist over a stencil LOL it was such a quick and simple way to add that wow factor to this layout.

I have layered lots of different patterned papers from the Kaisercraft Telegraph collection under my photos and then I have added some stickers which were also all from the Kaisercraft Telegraph Road Collection to a couple of the corners to look like washi tape and then the flower cluster just didn't look right on the side so I have used it in the centre of my photos. 


I then decided that I wanted to add a frame to one of the photos so I have grabbed 2 different Manor House Creations Laser Cut White Frames and I have sprayed them using the same Lindy's Stamp Gang Mists that I have used on the background. I have then layered them and adhered them around my darling Mia's sooky face.


A title added using Prima Marketing Wood Veneer Alphas and voila! The layout was complete and very very quickly also!

Products available from Mad About Scrappin include...

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to checkout the March Mad About Scrappin Scrapbook Sketch Challenge here and until next time, happy scrappin!

Amy Prior xx

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: