Monday, September 15, 2014

Altered Collage Frame

Hey all I am here to day to share with you all my first time scrapping with one of these collage frames.
 I picked up two of these  recently and thought that this would be a perfect project for this month's challenge.  I have used the gorgeous Madame Payraud collection from Papermania.  OMG guys these papers are to die for!!! I have loved working with them and I am really hoping to get a few more projects out of what I have left over.

I gave my collage frame a base coat of white gesso and then a couple of top coats with Antique White Acrylic paint.  Once the paint had dried I went around the edges of the frame with some Tim Holtz Walnut Stain to add that vintage touch.  I grabbed an emery board and in places I sanded the frame back to the bare wood to try and get a bit of an aged effect. 


I have matted the frame with Kaisercraft Coffee Bean it was the perfect shade of brown for this project.  I then added a sheet from the Madame Payraud collection and filled the frames with sepia prints of my family.  I double matted all my little prints on some more of the Kaisercraft Coffee Bean and also a layer of the Bazil Vanilla.  

Once I had all my photos sorted and in their frames, I began adding the embellishments and the monthly challenge quote.  

 I have gone with my usual flower cluster in the top left and corner.  I have used an elcelctic mis of flowers from Leanne and some from my stash along with some chipboard and antique bronze metal filigree leaves.
 I have added a few of the fabulous charms from this month's kit along with a strip of the pink lace.  This really accented the brown and cream so well....prettied it up nicely and added that touch of shabbyness to it

I have added one of the chipboard words that was also in this month's kit.  I have also added some charms, keys, flowers and a few Kraft feathers that were also included in my kit



Well everyone that is my project share for this week.  I thoroughly enjoyed creating this collage frame and the quote from this month's challenge fitted in perfectly.
Just follow the links below to see what my creative team members have been up to this month.  Don't forget to look us up on facebook.
Mad About Scrappin Facebook
Well everyone, that is it from me for this week.  It was a rather long post this week, hope you all made it to the end :)

Thanks for stopping by.....
Photobucket
Pin It Now!