Monday, October 13, 2014

My Upcycled Book Cover

Hey everyone thanks for joining me again and welcome to my Mad About Scrappin Monday project share!! This week I wanted to share with you all an expandable file folder I created by upcycling an old hard cover book and some old manilla folders I have in my stash and the Madame Payraud collection from Papermania.



Now lets see where to begin a bit of a walk through for you all.  I began by re-inforcing the book spine with some corrugated cardboard.  Sorry guys forgot to take a pic of that step.  I then covered the book with the Madame Payraud papers.  

 Out of some old manilla file folders I created the concertina sides.....

I then attached the inside dividers so that it resembles the pic down below


 Once all my dividers were attached I then adhered the inner file to the book covers with some extra strong doublesided tape
 OOOO I almost forgot that I glued down some seam binding to make a closure for the file folder
 The pic below shows how I attached the files.....
 and vwala!! all done!! I now have somewhere safe to store all my diecut words and embellishments !!!!
 Below is a side on view of the concertina sides.

 This is "her" before her makeover ;)


 and this is after adding all the gorgeous embellishments that Leanne included in my DT kit.





I have to admit I am delighted with how this turned out.  Please be sure to check out the Mad About Scrappin store to see the latest range of embellishments and papers..... AANNNNDDD have you had a go at this months challenge yet?



Don't forget to give this a go and share your projects with us.



Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: