Friday, December 12, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 50

Hello all.

It is so hard to believe that Xmas is almost here. 
I have been busily craft my little hands off to get things sorted around here in preparation for the end of year celebration at school. 

I have been lucky to be able to play around with some more of this paper range sent to me 
from Mad About Scrappin.

Every year the kids like to be able to give gifts to their school friends. This year with my youngest at school too we have had to make up gifts for three classes. So with that is mind we kept it rather simple this year. Plus we were also lucky to be able to find a few bits and pieces pre-made for the gifts so I was able focus on the craft element of the gifts. So this is what we came up with this year for my children's class mates and teachers.
We had to make 90 of the little gift bag toppers for the school friend and then 3 tags for the teachers. Luckily on of the children helped me to fill the bags and my Mum kindly helped me to attach the bag toppers to the goodie bags. The goodie bags were the most labour intensive.

I have to admit to quite enjoying making the tags for the peppermint jars. I found that the jars looked quite festive already so I didn't want to wrap them to hide that. As I had to make three tags I wanted to keep it simple. 

I started with a base tag made from Kraft coloured card and used some tan/white patterned paper from the paper range as the base pattern. I then stamped the greeting near the top of the tag. I then adhered a smaller piece of white/black patterned paper on top. I found the small gold gift tags with the soldier on them at Ikea a while ago. I have added them to the tag to add a bit of sparkle. I have then stamped the photo corner randomly and then added them with some small wood veneer stars to finish off the tag. I have then tied them to the jar using a mix of garden twine and some bakers twine to give it a bit of a rustic look. 

I am quite pleased with the end result of our gifts this year.

Super fun and quite easy to make. 

Well... better get the home gifts all sorted now.

Till next week.

TFL, M x






Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: