Monday, December 1, 2014

Guess What?????


It's starting to look a lot like christmas :).... This is what arrived in the mail for me this week.   My Mad About Scrappin Christmas kit!!  Just look at all those goodies  AAAAAND Graphic 45 Paper.  I sure was spoilt!!

I just couldn't wait to get creating with it...so I dived right in and made my first batch of christmas cards.  The first set that I have to share are made from the three A2-ish sized cards that were included in the kit (see pic below.


Sorry guys I know the pics aren't great, but it was kinda tricky photographing all three cards together! So here is group shot and I have some individual snaps as well.

 My first card was created using the "Bundle of Toys" and "Merry Mistletoe" from the paper pad.  I have also fussy cut one of the postcards.
 I have embellished with the lovely little white poinsettia from the kit along with a sprinkling of sequins.  I was kinda trying to pull off that falling snow look....... mmm not sure how I went with that ;) I have also tucked in a small stamp fussy cut from the "Ho Ho Ho" sheet.
 I also added one of the small green paper flowers to the top corner and added some sequins.  I adhered the sequins down with glossy accents.
 For my second card I thought I would go with red embellishments on the green background.  The papers I have used were "the Night Before Christmas" and "Happy Holiday" .  I have also fussy cut and matted a postcard from the "Long Winters Nap" sheet.

 I have teamed it up with a mix of red and silver sequins, the red poinsetta and the "Merry Christmas" tag or banner that came in the kit.
 And the last card in the set - which happens to be my favourite - is this one.  I have used the other half of the "Bundle Of Toys" and the reverse side of "Happy Holly-Day".
 The flowers I have used were also in the kit.  I am not real sure what they are called, but they remind me of bells.  I have fussy cut the centre from a postcard and layered it on top of a gorgeous frame from one of my previous kits.  The seam binding is from my stash and so are the pine branches.

 Now moving onto my second set of cards.....Gosh guys this is a long post....do you need to take a break and go grab a cuppa???  These next two cards were created from the Scalloped edge/trifold ones that are pictured below


I have created the cards using two different orientations....


 .....the first one I have going "landscape".  Lucky for me I have managed to use the leftovers from the first set of cards and more embellies from the kit.
 Here I have fashioned a bow from the twine by wrapping it a few times around my fingers and then hot glued it down in a figure 8 and topped it with one of the cute little Christmas themed buttons.  I also glued some red sequins to the "O's" in Ho Ho Ho.
 I have tucked the banner just under the flower cluster to help keep the card closed.

 My second card I created in protrait.  I have used more leftovers and just a little bit from the "Ho Ho Ho" sheet.  I have fussy cut the larger print from the "Jolly Old Elf" sheet.
 I have added a little bow using the twine...I also wrapped a few strands around the background and topped it with the "Holiday Wishes" banner.
 Added a flower and bow to the corner......
 and highlighted the berries in the holly with some of the red bling trim that was also in the kit



 Well, that's it guys....I have finally come to the end of my post. It was a bit of a long one this time around.  I really do hope these get you into the festive spirit and inspire you to create.  Please be sure to check out all the Mad About Scrappin links below.
 





Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: