Monday, August 5, 2013

Altered Muffin/Cupcake Tin

For this weeks project I'm sharing my Altered Muffin/Cupcake tin with you all. I'm very pleased with the way this turned out and am sending it to someone special as a thank you gift. It's filled with some delicious yumminess for her to craft with so I'm sure she will enjoy it.


To put this little project together firstly I found myself a tin from the thrift/op shop and painted it thoroughly with gesso, I then decoupaged a lovely white printed napkin all over and waited for it to dry. Once dry I covered the top in a pva glue and layered a lovely large lace fabric and sprinkled a little glitter on, this was the base I was going to work on. With the help of the gorgeous flowers from Mad About Scrappin this easily became a lovely piece. I used white curly roses, cosmos dailsies and the gorgeous gardenias and a Kaisercraft bling flourish that I picked up at a Flog it Friday sale on the Mad About Scrappin Facebook page


Around the edges I used the lovely Pearl Beads in white and the sweet little white lace trim that has been a favourite of mine for a long time, both from Mad About Scrappin.


After adding paper cupcake wrappers to each of the pans I attached a pair of small handles at each end and tied a beautiful double bow of Seam Binding to one side


In one of the pans I made a simple pin cushion from a tart tin and stuck a few stick pins inside and continued to fill the remaining pans with lovely goodies, all in a vintage theme.

I hope you like this simple but fun project :)

Thank you so much for stopping by

Jeanette xx

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: