Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Fussy cutting and stamping

 
Wow !!! So starts another much of this quickly disappearing year !!
 
And with the start of a new month comes a new monthly challenge from Mad About Scrappin.
I must admit that I had to think a little with this months challenge. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with this until I started to play around a bit and the challenge then fell into place.
 
I must admit that the part I loved the most about this challenge was the stamping. I use a stamp of some shape or form on almost every layout, card or off the page item. I like how you can add such simple decoration with a page without any huge cost. I also love how flexible stamps can be with their uses.
 
So here's the layout in full I created with this challenge in mind.
 
My original plan was to stamp onto water colour paper and then hand colour the images to match the basis grey paper that I had worked with. However, knowing that that can be a little time consuming I opted for the easy option. I stamped the images multiple times, hand cut them and layered them all using 3D foam to create dimension on the page.

 
Now.. for my journaling component I used a mix of chipboard letters to journal on page. I used a permanent marker to colour them all to make them all look uniform and then hit them with a little dimensional magic (which you can see is still a little damp lol) to add a bit of gloss to the page.

 
Why not give this months challenge at Mad About Scrappin a go.
 
Get creative and see where it leads you.
 
Dont' forget to check out all the fun goodies on sale in the Mad About Scrappin store while your at it.
 
TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: