Monday, August 12, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Card Spotlight 1


 
 Hello all and welcome.
 
I would like to introduce you to our new monthly spotlight here at Mad About Scrappin.
 
We have been sharing with you many things here at Mad About Scrappin, which have all been scrap related. Most of the items have however been layouts. So to mix things up a little and to give you a few quick ideas of ways of using up scraps or just when you are wanting a quick fix, each month we will be shining the spotlight on cards.
 
Every fortnight we will bring to you a new card that has been created especially with you in mind. We will share with you a few tips we have used to create the card so that you may be able to create them for yourself.
 
So to start things off I have a card that I have created in less than fifteen minutes. I have raided my stash to be able to create this card as I hate to through away all the little bit.
  
I have also used this months Mad About Scrappin  challenge as a starting block of ideas to help create this card.
My everyday theme was a thank you card for a family friend to thank her for all her help recently when my Mum had a her car accident. 
 
I did love this challenge however as I could go crazy with a mixture of stamps I have on hand. White card stock scraps never stay white so I cut a piece to size, inked it up and stamped the card stock randomly holding the clear stamp in my hand rather than mounting it on a block to create a messy half missing image.  
 
 Now to continue with the stamping theme of the challenge I grabbed some old Kaiser flowers stamps and stamped some flowers to embellish this card. I adhered them at various heights with a little help from some 3D foam. Then blinged them up to add a bit of sparkle.
 
 
So.. super quick.. used up some scraps and card made in now time flat.
 
Why not pull out your scraps today and create a quick card for that someone special just because.
 
Till the next Card Spotlight.
 
TFL, Michelle  x
 

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: