Friday, August 7, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 31 2015


With the weather here in Adelaide being miserable lately I think that it carries over to feeling like hiding away next to the warmth of the heater.

I have had a chance to play around with a few more bit and pieces from this paper range by Crate Paper - Open Book.

This week I have created a fun layout using a mix of papers from the range.
Now it's not often I get photos to scrap of my eldest daughter... she usually hides from the camera.  I found this photo when I was sorting through a stash of photos I had printed a while ago. The colours in the photo worked really well with the papers in this range.

I have a bucket load of really old alpha rub ons that are really not in the best shape. I really didn't want to just chuck them out as I know that would just be a waste of money so have decided to use them up where-ever I could. I have used up a few mixed alphas on the base of this layout to mix it up a little. I didn't want to go with just the girlie floral feel of the papers in the range. 

I have also hand stitched on some of the punched circles and the photo mat to add a bit of texture to the layout. I quite enjoy stitching on layouts and it is a quick way to add a bit of detail to a layout.

I have then added in a few features by using a journal spot, date spot and "today" tab in bold pink to added a bit of a different feel to the layout. It has helped to create the cross between a floral girlie look to the brighter bolder look. 

Quite a simple layout but I have used up some more rub ons that that have been taking up space in my scrap area.

Well... back to get some scrapping done.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: