Friday, August 14, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 32 2015

 
Hello everyone.

So ends another week and what a busy one here we have had. 

I have been madly scrapping but I can't share with you yet what it is all for. 

However I can share with you this week a layout created using some more of the Crate Paper - Open Book Paper range. 

So here's the layout I have created this week.
I love the pink tones in the wood panel patterned paper in this range. I have used this as my starting point for the layout and then just added from there. 

I have to admit I did have a cream piece of card stock originally as the base for the layout. However as I pre-cut then layout and came back to it a few days layer I really wasn't happy with the base. I do this some times and that is why I find it best not to adhere anything down until I am completely happy with the layout and positioning of it all. 

To add to the change of card stock colour for my base I also added in a few extra stripes of matching patterned paper. I felt that the layout was missing that little bit extra. I also have added a pink doily that came from some packaging sent to me. 

As the layout primarily had a dusty pink feel to it I decided to add a few pops of the aqua green that also features in the paper range. I have mixed my title up with some glitter alpha thickers and some mini alpha stickers on another of the cute coloured paper doilies from Mad About Scrappin.

I still have a lot of the sticker tickets in my stash that are really old. They have a mix of letters on them that just didn't suit what I have wanting to use them for so I have added a piece of the wood panel paper to the centre to tie them all into the layout.

In continuing with adding a little bit of the aqua to the layout I have added some of the arrow washi tape that Leanne sent to me to play with from Mad About Scrappin. I have then added some stitching using a permanent markers for a few highlights on the layout. Then finished the layout off with a cut matching flair and some matching aqua toned enamel spots from last months kit.

I quite like the different feel to this layout. I love the combination of the dusty pink and aqua.

Finally also working through more and more of the odds and ends of my stash too.

Well.. back to get creative.

Till next week.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: