Saturday, August 29, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 34 2015


Okay... so just playing catch up and have some quick cards to share with you today that might help you want to get creative this weekend.

I am still wading through my stash and have found a few odds and ends from Mad About Scrappin that I have grabbed from the sales along the way.

My first card was for my cousin and his new fiance on their engagement. I have used an embossed card base for the base of my card that I have highlighted with ink. I then layered up a few patterned paper still I was happy with the look. I added a vintage stamp to the top left of the dotty paper to add a bit of dimension.

To embellish the card I have used a super cute small white doily  and floral vintage ticket from Mad About Scrappin as my starting point and then just layered a mix of odds and ends from there. 
Then that was one easy card done. 

My second  card was for my cousin and his new fiance on their new house..
bit of a double whammy there.

I started the base of  this card off the same using a birdcage embossed card and inked it to highlight also. Then layered a mix of patterned papers to suit and added a larger white doily. I have a pile of old playing cards in my stash and the colour of this playing card matched perfectly so it was the starting point to layer the embellishments.

I then added a mix of fabric and paper flowers that came from Mad About Scrappin to the embellishment cluster till I was happy with the arrangement. I then added in the ribbons and a couple of pearl hat pins.

Neither was overly difficult to make and used up a few more odds and ends from the stash.

Are you getting scrappy this weekend??

I hope to be able to.

Till next time.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: