Monday, November 11, 2013

Hey Everyone, Kimi here and I am the newest creative team member for Mad About Scrappin!!  I'm so excited to be here and to share my scrappy based projects with you all.

Sooo today I have a really super quick and easy mini album that I found on youtube.  I will leave a link at the end of this post for you all to check out the creators video tutorial.  All you need is one piece of card stock and two pieces of double sided 12x12 printed papers. Yep, that  is all you need...oh and any embellishments, ribbons, flowers and bling you may like to add later on. 

Ok here goes...a bit of tutorial for you all.
Step 1:- cut your card stock in half.  So you now have two pieces that measure 6"x12".  Now to score your pieces. With your first piece of card stock score at:-
 2 3/4";
3";
7 1/2"
and 7 5/8". 
Set it aside and take your second piece of card stock and score at:- 
5/8"
5"
and 9 3/8"


Gently fold and burnish all your score lines.  Taking your second piece of card stock run a strip of double sided tape on to the 5/8" flap or any adhesive of your choice. You may wish to snip this flap as seen in the picture below, but it is not really necessary.  
 

 Now to put the two pieces together all you do is line the 5/8" flap up with the 3" score line on your first piece of card stock and adhere the little flap down........

 and that is it....the base of your mini is done.  All that is left now is the covering.
 I have chosen two of the fabulous prints from Glitz Designs gorgeous "Cashmere Dame" range and they are "Cherries" and "Banner".   I then cut and layered the sheets to make photo mats.  This mini would hold wallet size and passport size photo's as well as 3 1/2" x 5" photo's.  I have decorated the front with some seam binding, lace, a crocheted flower layered with a lovely  Hot PinCurly Rose.







Well Scrappers that is my first Mad About Scrappin project share for you all.  If you do make some of these, please be sure to leave comment and let me know.  I would love to see your take on this.  Oh and before I forget do go check out the tutorial on youtube.  You can find it at MariesScrapbooking.
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: