Monday, November 18, 2013

November Layout Challenge - Kimi

Hello readers,  I am back to share with you all my layout for the November sketch challenge.  It has been awhile since I did a layout and I have to admit to being a little out of practice with them.  However, having said that I was totally inspired by this months sketch by Anne Patterson and also the papers that I received in my kit.

For my base I have used My Minds Eye -  The Sweetest Thing - Lavender - "The Best"  Pattern Paper.  I wanted to stick to the sketch as much as possible, but ..... wellll..... instead of squares I saw, Hexagons!!  I cut these from the basic shape files in my cricut.  The first layer was cut from Honey - "One of a Kind" and I used the dark side.  I then layered them with the brighter prints from:-

I then gathered some contrasting embellishments from my stash and played around with their placement

 Once I was happy with how everything looked I glued it all into place... I felt it was missing something so I grabbed my mask and added a little texture paste here and there.....
 ...I also added some rub-ons and inked up the edge with some black ink.
I love how this came together and using the sketch made it super easy and quick!!  I tried really hard to stick to the sketch as closely as possible....really I did ;)

Hope you are all having a scrappy happy day.  Thanks for stopping by....see you all again soon
.....✿ღ.~♥  Live your Bliss ♥~ღ.✿
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Anne P said...

Wow, that is a really awesome take on my sketch... LOVE it.

Sandra said...

Love your take on the sketch, looks like a fun page.