Friday, November 1, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 21

 
Good morning everyone.
 
So starts another month. I cannot believe that it is already November !!! Where has this year gone ???
 
Okay.. So I am back to share with you this week a layout I have created for Mad About Scrappin.
 
I have been lucky too to be able to show you a new paper range this month too. This month I am playing around with Teresa Collin's - Memorabilia. I must say that it has been heaps of fun to play with.
 
So here's the first layout for the month using this yummy paper range.
  Have kept it simple with the colours on this layout and have just used the white and black patterned papers primarily. I have then add a small dash of colour with adding in the tan coloured print. I wanted the paper range to work with the sepia photo that I already had printed of my son and found that this worked really well.
 
 To mix it up a little I have added a few stamps by Kaisercraft directly onto my base card stock. I have stamped them using a metallic ink which has provided just a little bit of shimmer to the card stock I have used. The card stock is a flat Matt finish so I felt it needed a little something.

By using a few paper doilies and some old metallic embellishments from my stash I have been able to add some simple embellishments to the layout without them being too over powering. The metal embellishments have just a hint of blue in them and the same tan of the patterned paper so they tied in nicely. Added just a small amount of colour to keep the masculine feel. Plus once again I added in a dash of some washi tape to tie it all together.
 
I have had so much fun playing around with this paper range that I have already started working on the remaining layouts for the month.
 
Off to chase the kids off to school.
 
Have a great day.
 
TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: