Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Challenging fun !


Hello again Everyone!!
So excited with all the new things happening here at Mad About Scrappin.
Firstly the new Creative Team term starts with some amazingly creative people on board to share with you their work each month.
Secondly ...
Mad About Scrappin's NEW  Monthly Sketch Challenge!
  
So here's this month's sketch again....  
designed by Creative Team Member Amy.

And here's my take on the sketch.
 Have played around with some older papers have had found stashed away here. I loved this sketch. however must admit that I do get a little nervous still when I see more than on photo on the sketch. I love taking photos, however struggle with getting more than one photo that I like to put on a layout.
With this layout I have changed the sketch around a bit to suit me. I have gone with 3 of the same photo for this layout. I print my own so I could play around with them till I was happy. I also wanted them a certain size so that I was still able to see the Bo Bunny paper bag I had used under them. 

I randomly stamped the edges of the patterned paper using dove coloured Stazon and then distressed the edges with ink. This help to enhance the stamped images, but also added another depth to the layout. 
Next I really wasn't too sure whether I wanted to play around with ink, mists or texture paste for the next layer. However I knew I didn't want to lose the Bo Bunny paper bag. In the end I have dug out all my old alpha stickers that I have laying around. Now .. we ll have those horrid letter that you JUST CANT use. We those nasty letters are the ones that I have used here. Using my trusty permanent marker to tie them all together and adhered them randomly where I wanted them. 

Lastly I have to admit that I love some of the Kaiser kits lately. I love that they come with the sticker sheet that can be used to decorate the page. I have created my banner using some of the pennant stickers adhere to garden twine with 3D foam. So simple and finished off my layout perfectly.

Don't forget to check out the work of the rest of the creative team as the month goes on to get you inspired to play along too. 

You can now blog on your own blog and then link your layout using Inlinkz at the right hand side of the 
Mad About Scrappin blog page.
Challenge Rules 
Challenge is for Australian Residents Only.
- Entries are to be created exclusively for this challenge and must not be used for any other challenge or Design Team work.
- Entries must be added to the link by midnight on the last day of the month.
- Please link to the post that contains your challenge entry, not just your blog.
- A prize will be awarded each month as voted by the Design Team & a Random Draw Prize.
- Winners will be announced on the Blog and our Facebook Page

So what are you waiting for...
Get creating.
TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: