Saturday, February 15, 2014

Who is up for the challenge?? - by Crece T


Hello everyone, Crece here with you today for my first blog post as part of the Design Team here for Mad About Scrappin. I'm so excited to share with you my layout I created using this months Challenge Sketch that was created by our very talented Amy Prior.
 
 
Here is my take on the sketch...
 
'Friends are a priceless treasure'
 
This layout is of my partner in craft/crime Tracey and myself at a retreat we were at a couple of years ago.
 
My interpretation of the sketch is a little different...As you can see I didn't use the 4 photos that are on the sketch (I do struggle to use more then 2 pics on a page) Instead I used 1 photo and tried to keep the other elements of the sketch.
 
 
I stitched the round scallop design on the layout in place of the circle, and didn't use paint on my layout instead opting to use a piece of recycled box that I ripped and added a doily runner I had in my stash under the banner of stickers from the sticker sheet from the Collecting Moments Collection by Fancy Pants.
 
 
 
I distress a lot of my edges and then rub ink over them so they are not so crisp and clean looking, I love the look this can give to a layout, a simple technique that can make such a difference.
 
 
The paper range and Sticker sheet I used was Collecting Moments by Fancy Pants
I also used  Maddison Chiffon Bloom in Pink (I love these flowers & they come in other colours too)
 
 
 Hope you have a wonderful weekend, and you get a chance to join in with our Sketch Challenge this month - cant wait to see all the entries xxx
 
Thanks for looking,
 
Crece
xxx
 
 
 
 
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: