Friday, February 28, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 9


Good morning everyone.

Wow ! Another month end is upon us. So hard to believe how fast the month's are rolling by this year. 

Anyways.. I am back this week to share with you a layout I have created using this Photo Freedom Kit.

This week I have used the photo sleeve included in the kit to create a Project Life look layout. I must say now that I have been playing around with these kits for a while I am quite liking these kits. I am finding them a lot easier to use than when I first started. I am also finding that I am now scrapping more than one photo which was a rarity for me. 

So here's the full layout I created this week.

I love that this kit has a combination of 6'x4', 3'x4', 12'x12' patterned paper and stickers. It makes creating so much easier. I have used one of the 6'x4' title cards to create the base of my title for this layout. When creating this style of layout I like to have one of the photo sleeve spots as my title. 

I also like to use on of the photo sleeve spots for my journalling. I am finding that since starting this style of scrap booking I am now journalling more than I used to. I find though that I still don't like the journalling to be the feature of the layout. So on this layout I have journalling on the computer and printed it directly onto a graph printed card. I like to be able to mix up the fonts a little to to create a little interest. I have also found that I don't always have many 6'x4' landscape photos so but journalling on one half of the 6'x4' graph card I am able to add an extra 3'x4' portrait photo easily.

When creating these pages I tend to keep the majority of the 3'x4' photo sleeves for photos only. This time around I have matted my photos with some white card stock to tie them all in. because I didn't have any other smaller photos I wanted to use for this layout I have used one of the 3'x3' to create a sub title for the layout. By adding a paper doily and part of a glimmer misted frame it was done fairly easily. 

I have found that I like to add a little bit of embellishing on the photo itself. By cutting up some of the ornate frames I have added a piece to each photo with some washi tape and a hand cut heart mounted with 3D foam tape.

I am finding when creating this type of layout that I am using one of the 6'x4' photo sleeves for a full size photo. This would usually be the photo that normally I would have used to create a 12'x12' layout. It would be my favourite photo of the event/outing or people etc. Sometimes I edit the photo adding digital brushed words however this time around I have used washi tape, a piece of glimmer misted frame and a WOW laser cut chipboard word. 

My last card in this layout is usually another photo or I use it to sum up the layout itself. For this card I have used the plain coloured 12'x12' sheet. I have then randomly stamped it with butterflies using dove grey staz on. I found without the stamping the card was too pale for my liking to match in with the layout. I have then finished the card off with some washi tape, another ornate frame and a die cut chipboard tree.

Once again I have had a fun creating with this Photo Freedom kit from Mad About Scrappin. 

Why not give it a go yourself. 

Sometimes its not about scrapping the main event but about the little things that mean the most.

Till next week.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: