Friday, February 7, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 6


Wow ! So starts another month. Seems this year is going to whizz by too. 

I am back this week to share with you a layout I have created 
using the VERY last bits and pieces from this  Photo Freedom kit.

I have decided this year to do Project Life. Now I have seen it around for quite a few years and debated back and forth whether this type of scrap booking was for me. I know that it has been a hot debate on a few sites I visit. The costs involved, the different style of scrap booking it is, whether people can stick to it. The lists of topic go on and on. Now I have to admit that after playing around with this Photo Freedom kit that Leanne sent me from Mad About Scrappin I actually enjoyed the change. It was a REAL challenge!!! I had to get out of my comfort zone to scrap this way. I must admit I wasn't loving it at first. I didn't really think that I could get into the way of scrapping. Firstly because I don't using scrap events more the moment I capture with a photo.
So anyways... here's what I have created for you this week.

 Love the fact that the 12'x12' sheets are double sided and on one side they can be cut into their 4'x6' tags if you wish. Have mixed it up a little to create the title card for this layout. Wanted to create a real school feel and the colours worked really well with the colours of my children's school uniforms too.
 Have combine a little bit of digital scrap booking with this as I am currently in love with this font. I have created the journal card using Photo shop Elements and a 3'x4' Project Life card that worked really well with this kit. I have found since I have started Project Life I am now journalling more than I used to as well. This I have found a refreshing change.

 Another fun thing I have found is that I am loving mixing up mini alpha stickers to add little subtitles here and there. Makes it easier than having to journal on every card and says what I want to quick and easy.

So... have you tried a new direction with your scrap booking this year ?

Thanks for stopping by.

Till next week.

Happy Scrapping.

TFL, M x




Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: