Saturday, November 22, 2014

A little Tag inspiration

Hey guys .... how's your weekend so far?  Mine has just started and it is already HOT !! 

Today I have a little tag to share with you all.  Hopefully I can inspire you to dig into your stash and have some fun with what you find.   I dug into mine and found all this...

Some old pigment ink pads I bought on ebay many moons ago

some old wooden tags from Kaisercraft....again bought many moons ago

a packet of my sons old water colour pencils...hardly ever used mind you!!

Plus a few leftovers from previous kits from Mad About Scrappin....oops I almost forgot my brick stencil, modelling paste and acrylic paint..crackle stamp, kaisercraft rubons Perfect pearls mist in biscotti

I don't know about you guys but when I start to play like this I always do a little test run to see how everything is going to work together.  I was really happy with how this turned lets get down to the nitty gritty.  

Hopefully  I have taken enough process pics to share with you a bit of a walkthrough on how I achieved my tag...

One of my first steps was to prep the tag by painting it with some acrylic paint around the edges and glue some cream textured cardstock to it....I wanted to cover up those slots you may have noticed in the pic up above. 

 I adhered my cardstock with some wet glue and then stamped it all over with my crackle effect stamp. I did do both sides of my tag.  I have used Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink.  

 I gave this just a few minutes to dry and then taking some make up wedges I applied the pigment inks.  I guess I got a bit busy, cause the only pic I have of this process it this one.

I applied my other colours in the same way.  Once I was happy with the inking part...I moved onto getting messy with the modelling paste and created my brick wall

Once this had dried, I applied some green  ink to the bottom of my tag. I grabbed the black water colour pencil and lightly coloured in between the bricks, the taking the water brush I gently blended it all over and even into the bricks a little.  I did this a couple of times, till I was happy with it.  I tried not to rush it and make it too dark.
 After the water brushing I began spraying it with the Perfect Pearls Mist in "Biscotti"

 I just love the effect that the Perfect Pearls mist really muted these bright colours and added some subtle glimmer too.

 I even sprayed the brick work :).  I did have a bit of a panic attack tho' do you see those bubbles or ripples in the paper?  I thought "Oh no!!! I have wrecked it!!" , but once the tag was completely dry they disappeared ..... phewwww!!
I then moved onto the back of the tag and repeated the inking and spraying.
Once the back was dry I started playing around with some paper flowers I had received in previous kits.  I fussy cut some butterflies from the Madame Payraud collection and cut up a rubon.  

The final step was hot gluing everything into place!!

And here are the "glamour" shots :)

At the last minute, I stamped the back of the tag with this stamp from Tim Holtz.  Just couldn't leave it blank ;)

I hope this inspires you to dive into your stash, dig out those old supplies and have a play around.  I have to admit this turned out much better than I  thought it would.  But most of all I had fun with it and embraced the imperfections!! 

Thanks for joining me today. Please be sure to check out all the links below to see what is new in the store.

Pin It Now!

No comments: