Friday, November 14, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 46


My Goodness!!!!

The weeks to this year just seem to be screaming by at the moment.

I am back this week to share some creative inspiration with you on behalf of Mad About Scrappin using this paper range.

This week I have been playing around with some photos from our recent family holiday to 
Victor Harbor and I found this really good photo of Miss J 
(a rarity for sure!! as she avoids the camera.. not my child at all lol).

Here's the layout I have created this week.
Now I have to admit that this wood grain paper in this pack kinds frightened me. I really was not sure what to do with it. It was too big a pattern to use as a card base so I decided to play around with using it for the base of my layout. I have trimmed it slightly and matted it onto some chocolate card stock. Then I have just layered the patterned paper and photo till I was happy with the positioning and adhered it all down. I have to admit to being a little crazy with the hand cutting for this one too as I hand cut the main title word for this page. I found it quite therapeutic...lol

Then once again I went a little crazy with the hand cutting and cut of the flowers from the patterned paper. I have then layered then onto some doilies and some copper wire that Leanne sent me in the pack. I LOVE this stuff as it is so much fun to play with. 

I have added some dew drops from my stash to the centres of the flowers. I love these as they are clear so they show through the colours on the paper. They have added some extra dimension to the flowers too.

Been a while since I have played around with fussy cutting and have to admit I found it fun for a change. 

Well off to get creative for the weekend here.

Till next week.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: