Friday, November 7, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 45


Hello all.

I am back this week to share with you a couple of quick cards 
I have created on behalf of Mad About Scrappin.

Once again I have been playing around with some more of this product range.

So here's the cards I have created this week.
I have had a run of birthdays on for October and November. So I have tried to stay on top of things by creating cards in my favourite 4'x4' size. I find this size great to create when you are a little time poor or have to create a pile of cards in a hurry. Both of the cards have been created with a girlie feel this time around too.

My first card was for my niece's birthday. I sometimes struggle making birthday cards for teenagers, however I do find teenage girls that love all things girlie just that little bit easier. I have gone with the bolder darker patterned paper in the range for this card and used some lighter grey card stock as the card base. With a little bit of inking and stamping to the blue floral paper I have added a bit of dimension to the base layer. I have them coloured the die cut doily black and mounted in using 3D foam to the centre. I have then clustered the flowers and wood veneer butterfly. I then added some bling and the number greeting using 3D foam.

The second card came together rather quickly. I sanded the edges of both the card base and the base patterned paper I used for the base of the card. I then stamped the base patterned paper with dove grey ink. Then added a doily I had cut in half and layered. Added a tag I made from some scrap card stock I had stamped and then sanded to age it. I finished off the card with some ribbon and flowers clustered with a hat pin. Super simple but a nice feeling card for a special friends birthday.

Well.. off to get some more scrap work sorted. 

Enjoy your weekend and get creative.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: