Friday, July 31, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Week 30 2015


Good afternoon all.

No.. I hadn't forgotten to set this to go online this morning... Unfortunately the weather here is Adelaide has been miserable making taking photos a horror. I like to be bale to photograph my work outside in the natural light as I find I don't have to play around with the photos as much and it shows the true colours a lot better.

Anyways.. enough of reasons why I was a little late getting this online today. 

I have a new paper range share with you today that I have been luck to have been sent by the lovely Leanne from Mad About Scrappin. 

Here it is Crate Paper - Open Book range.

Now having my time a little slim this week with starting back at TAFE and major lots of meeting plus the added fact that my mojo seems to have taken a holiday without me due to exhaustion..lol.. 
I have kept it simple and created a pocket layout using some pocket pages that Leanne had popped in my parcel.
I have to say I quite enjoyed creating this pocket page. I was able to come back to it in stages and do what I felt like doing at the time. I think I kinda found my mojo am feel like scrapping again. Which I must say I am most excited about as I have quite a few things due in the next month. 

I also got a chance to use up some of my mini paper paper bags from Mad About Scrappin whilst creating this too. I finds they are perfect for adding bits and pieces to pocket pages with ease. Perfect too for hiding little bits of journaling too. I love the floral paper in this range too. Whilst the flowers were quite large they were perfect for hand cutting. I have cut  a few out and layered them in a couple of the pockets using some 3D foam to add some dimension. I then scattered some mixed sequins to add a bit of sparkle. 

I also had a bit of fun with some old rub ons from my stash to create a bit of interest in the pockets. I have used a mix of larger black and mixed lighter green rub on alphas first on the card for the pockets and then added some of the green alphas to the butterfly.

Because I didn't want to have photos in any of the pockets I decided to go with a quote. I have used a mix of mini alphas stickers, acrylic alphas and a chipboard word to create the quote. 

I love being able to layer paper doilies. I was super excited when Leanne had the mini coloured doilies on sale at Mad About Scrappin. I bought a pack in every colour and must say that I MUST get more. They are just so cute and the colours they come in are just stunning!!!

Well... whilst my mojo is here I had better get scrappin.

Till next share.

Have a super weekend. 

TFL,  Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: